Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thinking some thoughts

Some thoughts that have been swirling around my head, needing to be released:

1. What happened to Dunkin' Donut's doughnuts with the rainbow sprinkles on top? There used to be a heavy, even layer of sprinkles on the chocolate frosting, but lately, they've only been covering half of the doughnut...and sparsely, at that!

2. High School Musical 3: The announcer says, "This is the biggest year of their lives." Seriously? So, it's all downhill from senior year, huh? I sure hope not.

3. Bamboo sheets: Though the overall carbon footprint of bamboo materials is a little questionable, I cannot recommend these sheets enough. I actually stayed in bed for an extra half hour, rubbing my arms, legs, and feet all over the sheets just because it felt that good.

4. I start sewing classes in a week and a half! I'm SO excited, and am already gathering my supplies. I'm going to get my mom's Singer scissors sharpened next week. We'll be making a tote bag, and pajama pants--possibly my favorite thing to wear, besides coats.

5. I need a job!!! Someone please hire me!!

6. I haven't been in Virginia during the fall since I graduated from Longwood. This weather REALLY makes me miss being in Farmville from dinner at Macado's, La Parota, or Pino's to late night cavorting at Wal-Mart.

7. I <3 Obama's 'fro in his "That's the country I believe in" commercial.

2 comments:

erica said...

Sewing classes-- awesome! I can't wait to hear how that goes!

Also, Macado's is the very best place ever. Jack and I almost always go there when we're visiting his parents in Blacksburg, and there's one in Boone that I visited a bunch of times with my friends who went to App State. I miss the broccoli soup and cheese bread SO much!

Nikki said...

I always got the Mexican Skins and macaroni and cheese there. I swear, they have the best macaroni and cheese ever! John and I used to go on Thursday nights because they had 2-for-1 appetizers, and I'd always order a pickle on the side, because I love pickles. Our first date was there too!